Walking In the Rain


What a splendid afternoon! I finally got a chance to walk in the rain without my umbrella. I don’t exactly remember when the last time I did this was but what I can say is that I simply love walking in the rain. I accept none of my friends' offer in sharing their umbrellas with me. I insisted to walk in the rain; what's the big deal? After all they are only teardrops from heaven and not bullet rains showered by the adults’ game. I don't know what makes me do this today, but I just feel like it and I am glad I did.

Rain or to be more precise, water, is one of the most important elements in life. Even in movies, especially the ones from Bollywood, there will surely be one or two scenes showing the male and female characters caught in the rain. I think that’s pretty romantic…J I remember watching “Great Expectations”, adaptation from Charles Dickens’s novel, where water is seen to represent life for the two protagonists, Fin and Estella. I love the part where they kissed each other in the rain. It was beautiful. From the perspective of most religions for instance Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism and Christianity, water symbolizes purification and life. Perhaps this is what the director wants to show his viewers. The main characters in his movie are given the second chance to reconcile and to restart their life.

Well, so much for kissing in the rain. Whatever it is, I have enjoyed my 5-minutes walk in the rain today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage