Rise From the Ashes

Quarantine Day 9
How do we cope with this pandemic? I feel trapped. Being cooped up indoors with no place to go but to the living room, dining, kitchen, bedrooms, then back to the living room again and revisited the entire house all over, makes me a "traveler" inside my own house. Listening and watching to news are depressing, all you see is death all over the world. Malaysia alone has more than 2000 cases now with 23 deaths, as we speak. I think by the time when the pandemic is over, there will be an increase in mental health problems. People get depressed, bored, lonely, felt like there's no more contact with the rest of the world.

Today, my friend texted me telling how stressful she was. She is "trapped" in her hometown with her two kids and sadly her husband is not with her. She said she didn't bring her work along and that she is worried once the school reopens, she won't be able to finish her work on time. I was taken aback and could feel that her tone in her messages were depressing. I told her, for right now, it is crucial to just stay focus in taking care of her two young kids and forget about her work. Our top priority right now is our own well-being and our family's. The rest, you can put on hold for a while. I know, it's easier said than done. What else can I say to her at times like this but to encourage and to give the moral support.

It is indeed very heart-breaking to know that the current situation can give so much impact on everybody at every aspect. I pray to myself silently that this pandemic can be eradicated once and for all. We have to fight this together; we can rise from the ashes!

O Lord, please grant upon us a better tomorrow. Ameen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage