Common Enemy

When making complaints, keep calm and keep to the point | New ...


Quarantine Day 13
Life is funny. Before all this chaos, I used to complain a lot. Mostly about the amount of work and the deadlines and the endless meetings. I used to complain how my legs hurt due to too much walking and standing. I used to complain about how naughty and noisy my students can be. Normally, one week of school break feels like a blink of an eye. Time flies so fast when we're having fun, that's what I always say to myself. And now, when I can be at home for another 2 weeks, I feel like it's taking forever.

I am not alone. Most of my friends keep sending messages in our WhatsApp group saying how we miss each other, how we miss doing things we used to hate before, how we miss eating and laughing at our pantry, how much we miss entering our classes, how much we miss complaining how exhausted we were at school...and the list goes on. Everyone is getting restless. Sitting at home for too long, doing work online is not a thing for most of us. The best word to describe us right now is B.O.R.E.D. 

We, teachers, cannot sit still. We need to move about, attend to students face to face. I suppose we are so used to rushing here and there, hence, staying at home during non holiday period makes us feel fidgety. I can't believe I'm saying this, but my hands itch to write on the whiteboard. My hands itch to mark my students' work. But then again. This is the sacrifice we have to make. Not only for ourselves, but for everyone. We have to stay calm, spend as much time as possible with our family, do things that you love. Cook, bake, read, write, anything. Take a pause and look around you. Everything that happens today, happens for a reason.  I guess we have to complain less, and be happier. Let's make the best out of this worst situation. Let's fight this common enemy together.

Here's something my brother composed, in regards to the pandemic. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage