What kind of English does Shakespeare use?

Having to study one of Shakespeare’s famous plays “King Lear” was really a great experience for me. Not that I have never read any of his plays before, but the difference is that this time I am to analyze his words and why he uses them besides studying the plot and etc. However I was quite surprised to know that Shakespeare had been using the Modern English Language for his writing. My God, if that kind of English I found it rather difficult to study then what more can I expect from playwrights before him, Chaucer, for instance?
Recently I found out that Chaucer has actually used the Middle English Language where it was recognizable to the English speakers’ eyes. They find it difficult though but slightly better than the old English. English Language is a very old language indeed and it has gone through a lot of changes. Old, Middle and Modern English are languages that are from mixed languages from others like German, France, Latin and Greek.
Well whatever it is, I have learnt a lot by studying the language used by William Shakespeare in all his plays particularly “King Lear” and have had enjoyed myself doing it. Looking forward to more of his plays, Dr Edwin!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage