Fate and what it can do to our lives

It has been quite some time since my classmates and I completed studying Sophocles’s “Oedipus the Rex” but believe it or not, till this very moment his play still keeps lingering in my mind. I keep thinking about the fate of Oedipus, why such calamities and complexities in his life? Is he to be blamed for all the pain and sufferings that he had gone through? What did he do to deserve all that?
One question after another kept throbbing in my mind. Through my observation and my experience, I strongly believe that we can never escape from fate no matter how much you wanted to run away from it. If it is your fate, your destiny, then nothing in this world can ever stop it from coming. I am meant to be a teacher even though 17 years ago I was so involved in hotel and catering management that I could see myself as one of the executives in a leading hotel. Unfortunately, it was obviously not my path despite having opportunities that came knocking at my door.
It was my fate to be married at an early age to a man whom I don’t even know even though 13 years ago I was so full of live and was enthusiastic in making my way to my career development. But then again, no matter how alive I was at that time, I can’t seem to run away from my fate. Is that fair for me? With anguish heart and mind, I force myself to accept it. Despite my deepest frustration, I guess The Mighty Lord still loves me. He sent me two beautiful priceless gems that I have ever received in my entire life. This is the reason that keeps my life going!! Well at least I am glad that my fate is not as bad as Oedipus the Rex…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage