A new tool for English teachers

When we were assigned to work on eblogs, it reminds me of the online forums that we had last semester. It was an exciting experience indeed working on the forums. Eblogs are quite similar to online forums except that we have a wider range of audience and we are free to write about anything that we want to regard the main title that we had chosen. Having to post my writings on eblogs is just like having my personal diaries read by others. Whatever I have learnt in my Literature class have somehow given me the chance to make my own reflection and how I relate to those happenings in real life and finally have my thoughts displayed on this eblogs.
For me, writing eblogs is, in the many ways, an ideal tool for both teaching and learning because it provides novelty and opportunities for language learning especially for the students. Besides private chat rooms where students can experience authentic environment and real audiences for students ( some people believe that chatting is a waste of time, yes if it is taken negatively, depends on the psychological background of the chatter ), eblogs too can serve the same purpose where their friends or anyone will be able to give their feedbacks on their writings. Having to post their work on eblogs, they are aware that their audience is real and therefore, their writings must be meaningful and appropriately presented.
Personally I feel that writing eblogs is a good form of learning where many ideas can be obtained by reading and sharing each other’s writings. Apart from that, we can also know the writers better through their thoughts that have been transferred into their entries. However busy I am with my other assignments, I still enjoy working with my eblogs where I feel free to write whatever I want here in this personal page of mine. And of course my heartfelt gratitude to Sazad who has promised to enrich my page!!! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage