A Sprinkle of Gratitude + A Pinch of Thanks

Winston Porter There Is Always Something to Be Thankful for ...



Quarantine Day 39
Yes the MCO has been extended again for another 2 more weeks (29th April till 12th May 2020). I pretty much expect this when the Prime Minister made the announcement couple of days ago. That's fine, I think by now everyone is used to it, at least to me.

My work load isn't reduced, if that's what you're thinking. My work is in fact, more than usual. Meetings online, do some research for suitable homework to be assigned to the students, managing students' feedback in the blog I created meant for their work, checking emails, daily text messages regarding work keep flooding in my school mobile (even after working hours) and on top of that, attending an online English course from 6th April to 31st August, 2020 with teachers around the nation and with some officers from the department, completing all the tasks and assignments given by the coordinator...and the list goes on. Busy? Yes and so does everyone.

Personally, working from home can be pretty tedious and more hectic. Even though working virtually is not my cup of tea, I think slowly I am getting the hang of it now. I keep telling myself to adopt and adapt though it is not easy. Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr this year is never going to be the same as before. There will be no more visiting parents, relatives and friends. The school environment is not going to be the same when the school reopens later. Most probably only certain students are expected to attend. Social distancing will still be practiced in schools. Which level of students will attend school, how the social distancing is going to be implemented with so many students around, I have yet to know.

Let the ministry figure this out. Let them do their job. Let them do the thinking. When the right time comes, we will be informed. For now, I have to be mentally prepared. Like it or not, I have to embrace these new norms. I have nothing to complain because by complaining too much will only mould you to be ungrateful. And those who are ungrateful can never be happy. Just add a sprinkle of gratitude in your life today, minus all the negative vibes, happiness will definitely come along your way. The equation is as simple as that. This is what I keep reminding myself all the time. It's not like we have to face the pandemic every year. All this will pass in a jiffy. All I can say, despite the crisis, my life has turned out to be better and peaceful. I can "see" many things that I have never seen before, just by staying at home. Alhamdulillah, praise to the Almighty for His blessings.

In my silent prayer, I make dua that everyone feels the same way too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage