My Time Capsule


Two papers done, two more to go. Thank God, today’s paper is not too tough. I was so worried because I didn’t have any time to go through my books yesterday. But how can I study knowing that my friend was having a complication with her 6 month-old pregnancy. Spent the whole day at the maternity ward with her and helping her out with few things. It was a pleasant feeling to be in the ward to see the newborn babies in the nursery. Some were sleeping soundly and one or two were crying with their high pitch ‘lil voices which sound like music to me. I realized that there is a notice saying the hospital is a baby-friendly hospital, which means bottle milk for the newborns is strictly prohibited.

It is indeed a good attempt of the government to encourage breastfeeding instead of using the formula milk. It is essential to know that breastfeeding has a lot of benefits to the babies as well as to the mothers and even if you are able to breastfeed for only a short period, your baby will experience numerous benefits from the breast milk. It is proven that mother’s milk has the right amount of fat, sugar, protein needed for the baby’s development and growth. Apart from that, breast milk contains antibodies which help to protect infants from illness.

And for the mothers, breastfeeding helps the uterus to get back to its original size and lessens any bleeding a woman may have after giving birth. Breastfeeding too helps to lower the risk of the most feared silent killer of the women; breast cancer and ovarian cancer. For me, I have always enjoyed every single moment breastfeeding my children. At that time, I didn’t actually bother what the benefits are but I did it because I wanted to and because I feel extremely bonded with my baby during breastfeeding.

If I were to be given a chance to preserve the time in a time capsule, I would want to preserve the time during my pregnancies and my two-year period of breastfeeding each of my two gems. That was the most beautiful and happiest moment in my entire life! I wish I could turn back the clock…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage