Priorities in Life

I saw her limping and when I asked her why, she reluctantly told me that her mother accidentally ran over her feet as her mother dropped her off at school yesterday morning. She cried in pain and all her mother could say was to go look for the teacher-on-duty for treatment. Leaving the poor child in pain, she drove off to the office immediately. The busy mother has literally handed over her responsibility to the teachers in school. Ironically, this is nothing new for us among the teachers but still my heart bleeds and feel sorry for the poor girl.

What other affairs can be more important than to attend to your child's needs? I am beginning to question myself. Have I given enough to my precious ones? The money, praise be to Allah, I am pretty sure it is suffice. But the quality time spent with our loved ones and the attention provided. As a working mother, the demands at work sometimes weary me out. At the same time, my precious ones still crave for love and attention from their mother. These eyes of mine started to swell in tears - fear of not providing enough for them. The priorities in life; this is definitely something worth to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage