Off To The Magical World of Narnia









I was feeling rather upset yesterday. Upset about something that has been bothering me lately. However, towards the end of the day I felt great. Great because I have decided to escape to the magic land and be with the spirits of the trees, mythological woodland creatures, the kings and queens of the past in The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian. The movie was simply awesome like expected. I think it has been more than two years since I watched The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The kids have really grown. Peter looks more mature, Susan and Lucy seem to be taller and Edmund…hmmm he looks more and more like Kevin!! Wonder where he is now, are you in Russia still Kev?

Anyways, like I said earlier the movie is simply awesome. The four siblings return to Narnia only to find that everyone and everything they knew before have all been dead and destroyed. They have returned after 1300 years they left Narnia. The kingdom is ruled by Lord Miraz who has murdered his own brother and tries to stop Prince Caspian, his nephew from becoming the ruler. So these kings and queens of the past have returned to help displace Prince Caspian back to Narnia’s throne in order for the magic land to gain peace as before. Oh yes, the special effects are overwhelming. The friendly spirits, the moving trees, the giant-form-like water, the warrior rats, centaurs…everything, even Aslan the Lion seems so real.

Nevertheless, I feel that some of the scenes are not suitable for children. What I mean is the fighting scenes. Even though there is no sign of blood in the fighting, it clearly indicates some hatred and vengeance. I suppose that is why the movie is rated under PG- Parental Guidance. Some explanations and clarifications are needed if you have the little ones to watch the movie as well.

Whatever it is, I have enjoyed very much transporting myself to the land of Narnia where the fantasy comes to real on the big white screen. My ratings would be 4 out of 5 stars.

Indiana Jones movie…well, still on hold :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage