Movie Mania!!


The two-week school holidays finally has come to an end. Today was the first day of school. What have I achieved in this past two weeks? Well for the first week my holidays were gone, due to the course that I had to attend. Even though it was tiring I have learnt a lot of things during the course, and I can say that I have enjoyed myself listening to the talks and lectures. As for the second week of the holidays, I stayed at home with my children and later decided to leave for my hometown.

And yes, I watched 3 movies during the holidays; Narnia, Indiana Jones and finally Long Khong 2 (a Thai movie). I don’t want to talk much about the Thai movie as it was really unpleasant and gross. As for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, it was good at first, with the stunts and the chase in the jungle. I have no comments on Ford’s acting. As expected he’s a great actor, I love his smiles…priceless. But the ending of the movie sort of turned me off. From the adventures and actions, temples and old artifacts, all of a sudden towards the ending, it turned out to be like an X-file episode with a big UFO leaving the site. It’s so anti-climax!!

Having the UFO and the aliens do not fit into this movie at all. Hello Spielberg and Lucas…Harrison Ford here is playing the role of Dr. Jones, a university professor cum an archaeologist and not Captain Han Solo as in Star Wars. Please get that right! And I understand now why the government of Russia has banned this movie in their country. I think it’s about time for the directors and the story writers to be aware of others’ sensitivity. I believe, in the past nor future, there is not a single Russian who goes around USA chasing after old artifacts like that!

In a nutshell, for relaxation and to enjoy the classic Indy moments then the movie is okay. I had a good time watching it even though it's not up to my expectations.

My ratings would be 3 out of 5 stars.

Nevertheless, Harrison Ford…you still rock!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage