A Blessing In Disguise


After almost coming towards the end of the first half of the semester, we were shocked by the news that we will not be able to graduate this year due to the lacking of one single important course. The whole class was very much upset because things like this shouldn’t be happening. But then again, what more can we say, we are merely human and it is the nature of human to make mistakes. By hook or by crook, we have to fulfill this requirement even though it means a disaster for us. My friends and I have to put aside all the preparations for the teaching practical and to fully concentrate on this course instead.

However, I got the feeling that I am going to enjoy it very much but too bad it is going to be a real intensive course as we have only four weeks to cover everything that should be done in fourteen weeks. As the lecturer said in class today, it is not only intensive but also intense. But then again, I take this as a challenge and I promise myself I can go through this perfectly fine. Hey!! I am beginning to realize that I like to do something challenging:) Hmm…something new in me.

So, today is the first day of the BBL 3206 Malaysian Literature in English lecture delivered by Dr. Noritah Omar from the Faculty of Modern Language and Communication. Well, many things to be read, many views need to be looked at, many issues need to be discussed and everything has to be done in such a short period. What the heck!! That’s what I like about studying Literature. It is merely about reading and discussing issues raised in certain topics which could be about anything that is related to life, culture, people and human values and etc. Whether or not I obtain good grades for this paper is only a secondary issue. Well of course, I am not denying the fact that I do want an “A” like other students too, but my precedence is that this course will help me to see more things in several other aspects and perceptions, which will eventually assist me to open my mind about things happening around us in this world.

Deep down in my heart, I feel this is a blessing in disguise for me. Well thank you to the person who has forgotten to include this course in our package. I know some of my classmates will curse me for thanking him. Hehehehe….Ok ok ok, I know how important it is for us to complete our studies by this semester itself because by not having to do so on time it will give us some problems and will have an effect on our teaching service later. That is very true indeed. However, we are considered lucky for having Dr.Arshad and his team members to solve this matter willingly without any delay. Our heartfelt gratitude to you sir, only Allah can repay your kindness.

This incident, however, is a blessing in disguise for me because by having Malaysian Literature in English in this final semester has helped to boost up the energy in me. As some of you can see, I am so dead this semester. I feel like a walking zombie! It’s not that I hate attending the two elective courses but I just miss the Literature classes we used to have in previous semesters, the discussions, the arguments on certain issues, the research and findings, the sleepless nights we spent on our assignments and stuffs. At least for this coming four weeks, I have something to look forward to. Whatever it is, let’s just pray for the best and knowing our class, I believe we will make it through even in this limited period of time!

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage