Making the Best Out of the Worst

Imej mungkin mengandungi: pencuci mulut dan makanan


Quarantine Day...lost track of the days now...

The government has prolonged the lockdown, or to be more specific MCO, Movement Control Order as they call it here. Whatever it's called, lockdown or MCO, the government is doing the right thing. Schools especially, should not be opened yet, not now. Even though some companies are allowed to continue with their business, strict measures have been taken to ensure the employers/employees are free from the deadly virus.

I am beginning to enjoy my staycation at home. I imagine myself being a retiree in the next few years. This is how I am going to feel, sometimes forgetting the dates and days. Now, I have ample time to explore few things; things I wanted to do before but couldn't due to time constrain. I try out new dishes, bake 2 kinds of cake in one night, cook a lot till my kids tell me to stop because they have been eating a lot these days, spend more time reciting Al-Quran, listen to more talks and preaches which amazingly soothe me a lot especially in times like this. I feel at peace. My life is more laid back and relaxed.

Coming back to baking, I will save the recipe I found online here so I don't lose that recipe if I decide to do it again and if anyone who stumble upon my blog, they can try it out too. Nothing special, it's simple, but my kids LOVE it!

STEAMED CHOCOLATE MOIST CAKE

THE INGREDIENTS:

*1 cup of evaporated milk
*1 cup of condensed milk
*1 cup of canola/sunflower oil
*1 cup of sugar
*1 cup of cocoa powder
- Put all the ingredients above (*) in a pot, stir  and mix well on slow fire for 4-5 minutes.

4 eggs - beat well
#1 cup of wheat flour
#1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
#1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sift the marked # ingredients

1. Add ingredients # into the ingredients *, alternately with the beaten eggs.
2. Stir them well.
3. Steam the batter for 45-60 minutes in a normal steamer pot. If Noxxa pot, set the steamer for only 25 minutes.

CHOCOLATE TOPPING
1/2 cup of condensed milk
1/4 cup of evaporated milk
2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of canola oil
- Put the cocoa powder, condensed and evaporated milk in a small pot on small fire. Mix well.
- Next add the butter and oil.
- Let it cool for a bit, and simply pour the topping on the cooled cake.

There you have it. As simple as ABC.
I'm going to try a new recipe tomorrow.

Till then, buenos noches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage