The Journey Of Life


In the journey of life, there are times that you feel so low and helpless, and at a certain moment you feel as if you are on top of the world. To me, my journey of life is like the sailing of a ship on the sea. Sometimes the sailing can be smooth and at other times the sea becomes rough and gives you a lot of problems that you need to anchor your ship at the nearest harbour. In my life, I have stopped at several harbours before. It is at one of these harbours that I met other ships which also stopped for shelter from the storm and the rough sea.

Then after some time, when the sea is calm again, it is the time for us to bid farewell and to set our sail again in order to continue the journey. However, sometimes saying goodbye is not an easy thing to do when you know at that stop you have found someone whom you really care about and understands you more than yourself do. When this happens you know your heart bleeds real bad, your eyes streamed with tears and your soul seems so lost. But deep down in your heart you know that you have to let that someone go. You can’t cling on to that someone forever. We have to move on with our journey. We are destined to sail our ship in different ways and in different directions. Perhaps it is our fate that that we are not meant to sail our ships together.

For me, the sea may look calm on its surface but the turmoil and strong current beneath it will always be there. The “someone” that I met along my journey at one of the harbours will always remain as my source of strength, will always stay in my heart forever. What will happen to us and what sort of difficulties that we might face one day, we will never know. It is in the knowledge of the Almighty. Only He knows what awaits for us in the end of our journey. All that I can do is to wish for all the best to happen to those who have given me the pleasure and the wonderful things that I can never gain in my real life. However, if one day, we happened to bump into each other again, please do not hesitate to stop and say hi. May you have a smooth sailing in your life and may you reach your destination in peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"the traveller"

Malaysian Heritage